VIP Christmas Super Special
As a christmas treat, we are extending this offer until the end of January!!
Spend $50 & receive a $10 voucher to use on your next visit.
Spend $100 & receive a $25 voucher to use on your next visit.
No further discounts apply
The Christmas party season is under way and over-indulgence in food and drink is hard to avoid. This can often result in that uncomfortable bloated feeling. Here’s some of the best tips for you to soothe your digestive system and get back some balance after your indulgent Christmas feasts!
- Fill up on Fibre! Starting your day with smoothie rich in fibre and protein helps to curb cravings and ward off hunger during the day. Fibre keeps things moving through the digestive system & helps to balance blood sugar levels. Try some chia seeds or psyllium husk with your breakfast.
- Probiotics are part of our defense system so topping up on that good bacteria will help your body to deal with overindulgences! They aid digestion, mood and boost immunity too – but most importantly they reduce gas producing bacterial imbalances thereby helping to keep the tummy flat. You can take a probiotic supplement or have fermented foods like kim chi or kefir or a drink like Kombucha – a cold, fermented bubbly tea that contains probiotics,making it a fantastic digestive tonic. It’s great to drink in between meals to help keep belly flat and bloating at bay.
- Apple cider vinegar – rich in enzyme and nutrients. If taken with a large meal it is known to help with indigestion and bloating by stimulating stomach acids. Try taking one tablespoon before a meal
- Don’t drink while eating. Drinking with meals flushes away those precious digestive enzymes resulting in undigested food, cramping, gas and bloating. Drink at least 30 minutes before or two hours after meals for optimal digestion.
- Do drink plenty of water – this improves digestion, detoxification and keeps our skin clear. Water helps flush out toxins and excess fluids from your body, minimizing puffiness, so drink up!
- Sip on herbal teas. Peppermint herbal tea calms abdominal pain and helps food move throughthe intestines quicker after eating too much rich stuff! Add some ginger ! Ginger increasesblood flow to our digestive system and is well know to help with tummy trouble! Fennel, canhelp when things get gassy!
- Aloe Vera a top gut soother – it detoxifies, it’s anti microbial, anti bacterial and anti viral too. This plant reduces internal inflammation and as a bonus can help improve skin conditions likeeczema and rosacea too. A shot of aloe vera after a meal can help with bloating an aid digestion
- Look after you liver – be mindful of how much you are drinking – if you do like to have a few, look at some liver support like milk thistle.
Hopefully some of these tips will help you survive the festive season!
For further advise & product recommendations, pop into the shop & have a chat.
From all at Mountain Health, we thank you for your ongoing custom & we wish you and your loved ones a safe, happy & healthy Christmas & New year!
Festive Super Salad
A very alkalizing and cleansing salad perfect for detoxing after Christmas! Quinoa is actually a high protein seed, not a grain & therefore is naturally gluten free. Currents & Goji berries, cranberries and currants are packed with anti-oxidants, and kale is full of calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and beta carotene. Extra protein from the nuts and lentils, as well as essential fats and fibre.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 cups chopped kale
1/2 cup goji berries
1/2 cup currants
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1/2 cup pistachios
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup mint, chopped
1 tbsp orange zest, grated
400g can brown lentils, drained
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Juice of one large orange
Salt and pepper
Rinse 1 cup of quinoa with water. Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
Once the water comes to a boil, add the rinsed quinoa and return to boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the water is gone and the quinoa is cooked and fluffy. This should take around 10-15 minutes.
Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Mix in chopped kale and allow to cool.
Add goji berries, currants, almonds, pistachios, pepitas, chopped mint, orange zest, brown lentils, apple cider vinegar and orange juice to the quinoa and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remember Mountain Health has therapists available for consultations. Including a massage therapist, naturopath, reflexology, ear candling & clairvoyant. Ask in store for details. Gift vouchers are available & would make wonderful Christmas gift.